Let’s recap the hadith from our beloved prophet :
1) QUARANTINE is a Prophetic ﷺ advice.
“Run away from the leper (the one with contagious ailment) as you would run away from a lion.”
(Bukhari Volume 7, Book 71, Number 608)
2) SOCIAL DISTANCING is a Prophetic ﷺ command.
“Those with contagious diseases should be kept away from those who are healthy.”
Bukhaari (6771) and Muslim (2221)
3) TRAVEL BAN is a Prophetic ﷺ teaching.
“Do not enter a land where the plague (contagious ailment) has broken out ; don’t leave from where it has broken out”
Bukhaari (5739) and Muslim (2219)
4) DON’T HARM OTHERS, if you have symptoms.
The Prophet ﷺ said: “Do not cause harm or return harm.”
Sunan Ibn Mājah (2340)
5) STAYING HOME is a Prophetic teaching
“Those who stay at home to protect themselves and others are under the protection of Allah.”
Musnad Ahmed, Saheeh
6) If necessary, HOUSE IS A MASJID.
The Prophet ﷺ said: “The entire earth has been made a Masjid, except graveyards and washrooms.”
Tirmidhi (al-Salaah, 291)
7) THERE’S CURE; patience is the virtue
The Prophet ﷺ said “There is no disease that Allah sent without sending for it a cure.“
Bukhari (Volume 7, Book 71, Number 582)
😎 Let’s TREAT; ALLAH WILL CURE
The Prophet ﷺ said: “Every disease has a cure. If a cure is applied to the disease, it is relieved by the permission of Allah.”
9) FACE MASKING is a Prophetic ﷺ teaching
Prophet (ﷺ) while sneezing, would cover his face with his hand or with his garment,”
Abu Dawud; Tirmidhi (Book 43, Hadith 2969), Sahih
10) WASH HANDS every time you enter home.
The Prophet ﷺ said: “Cleanliness is half of faith.”
11) HOME QUARANTINE is a Prophetic advice
“The plague (contagion) patient who remains in his home with patience and expectation of reward, knowing that nothing will befall him other than Allah’s decree will attain the reward or a martyr“
Musnad Aḥmad, Sahih
also Bukhaari (2829) and Muslim (1914)